- 1 small frozen ripe banana
- 1/4 cup (50 g) pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/4 cup (~80 g) organic spinach (best if frozen*)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) plain unsweetened almond milk (more to thin)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
- optional: 1 tsp green powder*
- optional: 2 Tbsp (14 g) plain or vanilla protein powder*
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. If too thick, add more almond or coconut milk.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. For more pumpkin flavor, add more pumpkin pie spice. For more sweetness, add more banana, or a bit more vanilla protein powder – optional (or a bit of maple syrup, agave or stevia extract).
- Serve immediately. Best when fresh, though will keep in the refrigerator well covered up to 2 days.
credit Minimalist Baker