Recipe adapted from Detoxinista.com
A warm salad that’s perfect as a side dish!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups of fresh spinach (about 3 ounces)
- 1-2 ounces chèvre (soft goat cheese)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and saute the red onion until it starts to become translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the mushrooms and salt and saute until tender, another 6 to 8 minutes. Add in the vinegar and saute another minute. Turn off the heat and stir in the olive oil.
- Place the spinach in a large bowl and pour the hot vegetables over the top, tossing well until the leaves are glossy and slightly wilted. Plate the salad and top with crumbled goat cheese and freshly ground black pepper. Serve warm!
The best part of making salads from scratch is that you can tweak the flavor to your taste until it’s “just right.” Feel free to add an extra splash of vinegar if you’d like it to be more tart, or any other veggies or toppings you like to make it your own.