Although this is an older study published in a 2008 edition of BMC Public Health all of the points are still valid today.
This study looked at a wide range of preschool regulations in 50 American States.
This study reviewed the eight particular characteristics that the authors notes as key to preventing obesity.
8 Things Your Child Should Do To Help Prevent Obesity:
- Children have free access to water
- Sugar-sweetened beverages are limited
- Foods of low nutritional value are limited
- Children are not forced to eat
- Food is not used as a reward
- Support is provided for breast-feeding and the provision of breast milk
- Screen time is limited
- Physical activity is required daily – recommendation from the American Academy of Pediatrics is a minimum of 60min of activity for any child over the age of 2.