5-ingredient grain-free, vegan, oil-free and paleo breakfast cookies made with 100% flax (no other flours or meals)! They are crispy, chewy, nutty, and made with ease in a muffin tin. A keto option is available, too!
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened natural nut butter (e.g., almond, cashew, peanut)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) nondairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) maple syrup (see notes for keto)
- Optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup (80 g) flaxseed meal
- 2/3 cup (100 g) raisins (omit for keto)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease or spray the cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the nut butter, maple syrup, milk, optional vanilla and cinnamon, until blended. Stir in the flaxseed meal and raisins until combined.
- Evenly divide batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes, until golden brown, the surface of the cookies appears dry, and the centers feel just firm to the touch.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run knife around edges to loosen, then remove and place on rack to cool completely.
- Nut-Free Cookies: For nut-free cookies, use an equal amount of creamy seed butter (e.g. sunflower butter or tahini) in place of the nut butter.
- Storage Tip: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Keto Option: Use an equal amount of keto-friendly liquid sweetener in place of the maple syrup. Leave out the raisins.
- Keto macros per cookie: [Calories: 74 / carbohydrates:3.6 g / sugars: 1 g / fiber: 1.9 g]
- Sweetener Option: 1/4 cup coconut sugar, or brown sugar, plus 2 tablespoons water, can be used in place of the maple syrup.