This is a great smoothie recipe for calming an inflamed or irritated bowel after the holidays. Aloe is a herb that has both cooling and demulcent properties. It is able to soothe and protect irritated or inflamed tissues. It has been shown to be helpful in patients that suffer from IBS as well as leaky gut. I often use it in practice, and is a great post holiday gastrointestinal support.
Aloe vera gel can be purchased in the health food section of your grocery store or your local health food store.
- 1 cup Water
- 1 1/2 fl ozs Pure Aloe Juice
- 1/2 cup Kale Leaves (finely chopped) 2 tsps Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 cup Frozen Pineapple (chunks)
- 1/2 Avocado (fresh or frozen)
- 4 Ice Cubes
- Add water, aloe, kale, and ginger to a high-speed blender and blend until kale is pureed.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- No Aloe Juice
- Use fresh aloe leaf gel or coconut water instead.
- Add raw honey to taste.