Estrogen Dominance. The Key to Reducing Belly Fat in Men
Have you ever noticed how certain parts of your body will lean out, while other body parts NEVER seem to change – no matter how hard you exercise or diet?
You could be being aromatized….
Estrogen is considered the “female” hormone, and is the main hormone involved in the development of female sex characteristic and the regulation of the female menstrual cycle.
Estrogen dominance however is a condition where this hormone in relation to the other sex hormones in the system becomes imbalanced. This condition can occur in men and woman.
We are always very focused on the ladies going through menopause, and sometimes forget that men will also experience a hormonal change called andropause. Andropause is a condition that is associated with the slow reduction of testosterone in men. Symptoms of andropause can include low libido, difficulty having an erection, depression, irritability, loss of muscle mass and an increase in fat especially around the middle.
If you are male and suffering from belly fat, there is a hormonal process happening in your fat cells called aromatization that can cause havoc on your hormones and contribute to weight gain. Aromatization is a process where your fat cells will convert testosterone into estrogen. This process causes more belly fat…thus causing more aromatization…and men begin to gain more and more weight. To complicate this, during andropause the natural decline in testosterone is also a risk factor for abdominal weight gain. This process can also cause men to gain weight in other undesired areas such as the chest! We all know about the dreaded “man boobs” as they are so unpleasantly referred to.
(note that belly fat gain can also be due to other hormonal imbalances such as insulin, inflammation and cortisol)
5 Ways to Maintain Estrogen Balance
- Eat Lots of Fibre to ensure good estrogen clearance from the bowel. 2Tbsp of ground flax is a great choice. Add it to smoothies, yogurt or oatmeal
- Eat lots of cruciferous vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, kale, cabbage. Aim for 2 cups of these per day
- Reduce the amount of plastics in your life – water bottles, containers and yes…even the BPA free stuff. More on this later!
- Pesticides, Herbicides and Insecticides are estrogenic. Eat organic as much as possible
- Take a probiotic, or eat foods that promote the growth of your microbiota! Bacterial imbalance in the gut and other problems that compromise digestion interfere with the proper elimination of estrogen from the body via the digestive tract.
To learn more about how to reduce the impact of estrogen on your health…join this year’s FREE Vibrant Estrogen Cleanse.
The cleanse starts online April 4, 2016 and runs for 10 days. You will join over 1000 people in a quest to improve health.
Get new recipes, and tips on how to keep you and your family healthy. Daily e-videos will be sent to keep you motivated.
Click this link to sign up![button color=”green” window=”yes” link=”http://forms.aweber.com/form/07/363303707.htm”]Sign Up For The Cleanse Now![/button] Can’t do it this week? Sign up anyway! Get the package and do it at your leisure.