Yield Prep Time Cook time Chill time
1 1/2 cups (1 serving) 10 minutes 0 minutes 4-6 hours (ice-cubes only)
- 2 almond milk ice cubes (60 mL), plus more for serving
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or 1 vanilla bean*, seeded
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 to 2 frozen wheatgrass cube(s)** (optional)
- For serving: Coconut Whipped Cream, matcha powder (optional)
- Pour almond milk into an ice cube tray and freeze until solid. I recommend using a silicone mold if possible, as they’re easy to pop the cubes out of. I also try to keep a stash on hand in the freezer so the cubes are ready to go at all times.
- To make the latte: Add the cup of almond milk into a blender along with 2 almond milk ice cubes, matcha powder, vanilla, maple syrup, and the optional frozen wheatgrass cube(s). Blend on high for around 20 seconds to ensure it gets nice and frothy.
- Pour into a glass, along with more almond milk ice cubes. You can also add a spoonful of coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of Matcha on top to make it ultra fancy-pants!
- * I like to keep pure vanilla bean powder on hand, so it’s super quick to add a quarter teaspoon into the blender for a decadent vanilla flavour. If you don’t have any vanilla beans or powder on hand, not to worry! You can use vanilla almond milk and/or a half teaspoon of pure vanilla extract in a pinch.