- 2-3 eggs
- grapeseed oil (or other high heat oil for cooking eggs like avocado or coconut oil)
- olive oil
- sunflower seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds
- 2 cups spinach and/or kale
- salt and pepper
Instructions: (Total time – less than 10 minutes!)
Heat up your pan, add your cooking oil, scramble up the eggs with some salt and pepper and just as they’re almost cooked, toss on all your greens. Remember, you’re only heating and wilting the greens, not ambitiously cooking them!
Pour this combo into a bowl, sprinkle on top a couple tablespoons each of chia seeds, hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds (my fav combo). Consider adding sunflower and/or any other nuts/seeds you like (maybe walnuts or almond slices). Then drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over the top and mix together. Voila!
I always want more when I’m done!
TIPS & TRICKS:
Are getting the greens in an inconvenience? No problem.
- Buy the prewashed spinach containers so you can grab handfuls and you’re good to go.
- Buy a bunch of kale, wash it all up and then put it in freezer bags. You can take it out as needed and it crumbles in your hands so there’s no chopping required. Just crush and toss on the eggs! Stem and all!
- Pre-wash your greens and keep them in special storage containers in the fridge. Tupperware has some great ones for veggies.
- If you’ve got the time, add in more goodies like mushrooms, onions, garlic, celery, zucchini, peppers, etc
- Don’t be afraid to try various greens – I have tried swiss chard and collards and both were great. The skies the limit!
Don’t limit this meal to breakfast!
Want something new for lunch or dinner? Give it a whirl.
If you multi-task, make a smoothie and this at the same time and take the egg to go.