- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (canned are totally fine here)
- 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika (we like to use the spicy kind, but use whatever you prefer)
- Salt, to taste
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 eggs
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- Freshly ground black or white pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chickpeas and paprika; toss to coat evenly. Season with a pinch of salt and cook for at least 10 minutes, or until the chickpeas are sort of toasty looking but not burnt.
- Add the spinach and cook until just barely wilted. Meanwhile, fry the eggs. We often use this method.
- When the spinach is wilted, season additional salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze a little lemon juice on top of each serving and top with a fried egg.