To me football equals food. Sure I care about a good game now and then, but when you get right down to it, I am in it for the food.
- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon each of paprika salt, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1 15 oz can of black beans rinsed (or 2 cups of pre-cooked beans)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For the Sweet Potato Chips:
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice the sweet potato into 1/8 inch slices using a food processor or mandoline.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with the oil and spices and spread into a thin layer on a large rimmed sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes and flip. Bake for another 10 minutes, until edges are beginning to curl up and get crispy.
- Remove from oven and top with beans and cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melted–about 5-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the Avocado Cilantro Cream. Blend the avocado, yogurt, cilantro, juice and zest of a lime, and 1 teaspoon salt in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Once nachos are out of the oven, dollop as desired with the cream.
Increase baking time by 10 minutes per side of sweet potato chips for crispier texture.