This is a perfect snack or side dish. You might even hear “this takes just like chicken”.
- 1 head cauliflower, about 2 – 2 ½ lbs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup plus 1 tsp sriracha hot sauce
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp Franks RedHot sauce
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbled
- Trim off leaves and some of the stem of the cauliflower so you have 1½ inches of stem exposed
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high (about 500° F). Place the cauliflower, stem side down on a foil baking pan or on a barbecue grill pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast with the lid down about 30 to 35 minutes or until tender and browned on top. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Using a sharp knife, trim the florets into 3-inch long pieces (about the size of a chicken wingette) and cut the stem into slices. (Make Ahead: Cauliflower can be roasted up to this point and chilled for up to 2 days in advance.)
- In a large saucepan, combine sriracha and hot sauce. Heat over medium heat and add cauliflower; toss to coat with sauce. When the sauce begins to sizzle, add the butter, tossing and stirring often until the sauce is slightly creamy and cauliflower is heated through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Place in a serving bowl, sprinkle with blue cheese and serve immediately.