Simple Baked Salmon Recipe, prepared Mediterranean-style with a tasty garlic-cilantro sauce, tomato and lime slices. Comes together in 15 minutes! Grab the tips and serving suggestions below. baked salmon recipe with garlic cilantro sauce
For the Garlic Cilantro Sauce
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 whole bunch fresh cilantro, stems trimmed (only remove about 1 inch of the stems)
- 1/2 cup Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
For the Salmon
- 2 lb skinless salmon fillet
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large tomato, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 lime, sliced into rounds
- Take salmon out of fridge and set at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes or so. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a small food processor, add all the ingredients for the garlic cilantro sauce. Blend until everything is well combined into a sauce.
- Place the salmon fillet in a lightly oiled baking pan like this one. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Now spoon the garlic-cilantro sauce on top of the salmon fillet and spread evenly to coat the salmon. (You will have extra garlic-cilantro sauce, pour it into a small bowl to serve next to the salmon.)
- Arrange the tomato and lime slices on top of the salmon fillet.
- Place the baking pan in the top half of your heated oven, bake for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2 inch of thickness (if your salmon fillet is about 1-inch thick, check for doneness at 8 minutes or so). Test temperature with an instant read thermometer, and remove salmon from heat at somewhere between 125 degrees F and 130 degrees F, cover lightly with foil and let rest for another 5 to 8 minutes or so to finish cooking. Enjoy!