Sweet Potato Turmeric Truffles
- 2 small sweet potatoes, about 1 cup, cooked
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch cardamom
How To Make
- Begin by roasting the sweet potatoes. Place whole sweet potatoes on a baking tray and roast at 375°F for 30 minutes, or until soft. Let cool.
- Once cooled, carefully peel sweet potatoes. Place peeled sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor and pulse until mixture is smooth.
- Once pureed, set the mixture in the fridge to cool and firm up, about 30 minutes.
- Next, scoop the truffle filling into 2 teaspoon sized balls. Place them on a parchment lined tray and chill them in the freezer until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Once fully chilled, dip the truffles in the melted chocolate (see recipe below) using a fork so that the excess chocolate can drip off. Place dipped truffles back on the parchment-lined tray. Return the covered truffles to the fridge to fully set, and enjoy.
- ⅓ cup melted unrefined coconut oil
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
How To Make
- Fit the bowl over a saucepan of water. Make sure the water does not touch the bowl. Heat the water to a simmer over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and add the ingredients to the bowl, stirring gently to melt.