Rhubarb has never tasted so good! These kid-friendly and gluten-free muffins are the perfect addition to your breakfast and brunch table
Easy Rhubarb Muffins: Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes Cooling Time 10 minutes Total Time 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups fresh rhubarb diced into ¼- ½ inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400F. In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, applesauce, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and eggs until smooth.
- Next, add in the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix the batter until just combined.
- Then, gently stir in the diced rhubarb.
- Divide the batter among the 18 muffin cups using a cookie dough scoop. Due to the thickness of the batter, you may need to settle the batter into the cups with the back of the scoop.
- In a small dish, mix your topping ingredients and sprinkle ¼ tsp of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of each muffin. Bake the muffins at 400 for 20-22 minutes or until they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove from muffin tin and place on cooling rack. Muffins should be stored in an air-tight container or frozen for later consumption.
I have used my own gluten-free flour blend, Bob’s Red Mill 1-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour, and whole wheat pastry flour when baking these muffins and each time they turned out well!
Number of servings (yield): 18 muffins