This year why not try some that tastes great, and comes without added processed sugars and hydrogenated oils. Not to mention that it uses coconut oil which is a great source of fat and has actually been proven to help with weight loss.
Fantastic…a holiday treat that wont go straight to your hips!
- 1 jar of coconut butter
- 1/3 cup of honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup of a holiday nut (I chose pistachios)
- ½ cup of berries (goji, dried blueberries, cranberries)
- 1 bar of dark chocolate
- Place the jar of coconut butter in a pot of boiling water on the stove until soft enough to get out of the jar (usually 5min)
- Mix the coconut butter with the honey, nuts and berries.
- Place on a cookie sheet, and flatten with a rolling pin
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler
- Drizzle chocolate over the raw chocolate
- Place in the freezer for 30min, break into pieces and enjoy!
Let us know how it turned out for you in the comments below.