Are you Pear Shaped?
You might be thinking…what a terrible question to ask!!! The reality is, weight distribution is under hormonal control. This means that hormones dictate where we hold our extra weight.
Some people refer to these as the “problem” areas, and want nothing more than to wish them away.
From the words of Jim Rohn;
““Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better.
Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills.
Don’t wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom”
Since we can’t wish our body fat away, here is some wisdom and skills to help better tackle those problem areas.
If you are pear shaped, and tend to hold your weight in your hips, thighs and buttocks this is usually an estrogen dominance picture. For woman, this picture tends to come with PMS, water retention, cellulite, varicose veins/spider veins and bloating. Estrogen balance is not only essential for overall wellness, but also achieving and maintaining fat loss.
In today’s world it is challenging to maintain the balance of this hormone. Not only do we have to manage our own estrogen, but we are also continually bombarded with external estrogens. These toxic and powerful estrogens can be found in plastics, cosmetics, lotions, suntan lotion, pesticides, herbicides and yes, even our own water supply. They bombard our detox pathways, and especially for those with existing hormonal issues or genetic predispositions, they make maintaining hormonal balance very difficult.
The Good News is…We can do something about it!
5 Ways to Maintain Estrogen Balance
- Eat Lots of Fibre to ensure good estrogen clearance from the bowel. 2Tbsp of ground flax is a great choice. Add it to smoothies, yogurt or oatmeal
- Eat lots of cruciferous vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, kale, cabbage. Aim for 2 cups of these per day
- Reduce the amount of plastics in your life – water bottles, containers and yes…even the BPA free stuff. More on this later!
- Pesticides, Herbicides and Insecticides are estrogenic. Eat organic as much as possible
- Take a probiotic, or eat foods that promote the growth of your microbiota like kombucha, kimchi, sauerkraut and kefir! Bacterial imbalance in the gut and other problems that compromise digestion interfere with the proper elimination of estrogen from the body via the digestive tract.
To learn more about how to reduce the impact of estrogen on your health…join this year’s FREE Vibrant Estrogen Cleanse.
The cleanse starts online April 4, 2016 and runs for 10 days. You will join over 1000 people in a quest to improve health.
Get new recipes, and tips on how to keep you and your family healthy. Daily e-videos will be sent to keep you motivated.Sign Up For The Cleanse Now!
Can’t do it this week? Sign up anyway! Get the package and do it at your leisure.