These savory, low-carb (and gluten-free) English muffins use riced cauliflower in place of flour, with a little cheese and egg as binder to make a grain-free breakfast bread. Try topping them with smashed avocado , or use them to create a yummy breakfast sandwich.
gluten free, low carb
- 5 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/8 Himalayan teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor. Process until finely grated. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover loosely and microwave on High for 3 minutes. Let cool slightly. Transfer the cauliflower to a clean kitchen towel and wring out excess moisture. Return to the bowl and stir in Cheddar, egg and salt until thoroughly combined. Place a 3-inch biscuit cutter on the prepared baking sheet. Fill the cutter with about ¼ cup of the batter, patting down slightly in the mold. Repeat with the remaining batter, leaving about 1 inch between each one, until you have 8 “muffins.”
- Bake until browned and crispy around the edges, about 25 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings or use to make a breakfast sandwich.