- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 16 soft medjool dates – seeds removed (if not soft, soak in water for at least 30 minutes and drain)
- 3/4 cup almonds or pecans – 2-3 per date, depending on size of date
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Cover a medium-size baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove pits from dates and replace with 2-3 almonds or pecans (use as many as desired, this will vary based on size of date). Make sure the date is wrapped around the nut tightly.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate with coconut oil. Using tongs, dip the dates in the melted chocolate, covering each date completely with chocolate.
- Place each chocolate covered date on the baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Sprinkle each date with coarse sea salt.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for at least 1 hour or until chocolate is firm. These dates will last in the fridge for up to a week. Keep refrigerated.