These tacos are a bit unconventional as you quick pan fry the tuna to “crisp” it on the stove to cook it a bit. I personally loved preparing the tuna this way but if you prefer to eat the tacos with the tuna from the can, that works too!
I added this simple scallion crema to the mix and it was so delicious with the tuna! I hope you guys love.
- ¼ cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon (or lime juice, preferably fresh-squeezed)
- ¼ cup chopped scallion
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) of tuna (well drained)
- 4 tortillas of choice (see above for what I use)
- Mix together the mayonnaise, scallion, and lemon or lime juice and set the scallion crema aside
- Heat oil in a small pan and saute the tuna, stirring often, until tuna is heated through and very slightly browned, then take the pan off the heat.
- Heat a griddle over high heat and place the tortillas on it, heat the tortillas, turning once or twice in the process, until they are warmed up
- Place ¼ of the tuna mixture onto each tortilla, then top each with greens, scallion crema, and avocado!