This basic keto pound cake has the perfect blend flavors. It’s just enough lemon and vanilla to add a nice layer of added flavor to this standard cake.
Don’t care for lemon extract? Just replace the lemon extract with more vanilla extract, or use another extract. The beauty of this recipe is that it is easily adaptable and you can change the flavors to suit your own tastes. Sometimes I’ll use only vanilla extract in place of lemon, or use butter extract with the vanilla extract.
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups erythritol
- 8 whole eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, toss in room temperature butter, softened cream cheese and erythritol.
- Cream together the butter and erythritol and until smooth. Then, add in softened chunks of cream cheese and blend together until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, lemon extract, and vanilla extract in with the blended ingredients. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add in the ingredients from the medium sized bowl into the batter. Use a hand blender to blend the clumps until very smooth.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan. Bake for 60 – 120 minutes at 350F or until smooth in the middle with a toothpick.
- If creating a glaze, blend together the powdered erythritol, vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream until smooth. Wait until the pound cake is fully cooled from the oven before spreading the glaze on top.