Ground turkey, sweet apples, and maple syrup combine to make healthy homemade breakfast patties! Perfect for the morning and great for freezing and reheating!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Honeycrisp or Braeburn apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup gluten free oat flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and and garlic and cook until garlic becomes fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add in diced apples and cook a few minutes more or until apples soften. Remove from heat, transfer to a large bowl, and stir in cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add in ground turkey, maple syrup, egg whites, oat flour, and salt and pepper; mix well. Divide into 16 patties and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink. Serve with extra maple syrup.