This keto low carb BBQ sauce recipe is sweet, smoky, spicy & tangy in one. If you want a super easy, sugar-free barbecue sauce that tastes delicious, this is it. Only 5 minutes prep time!
This keto low carb BBQ sauce recipe is sweet, smoky, spicy & tangy all-in-one. If you want a super easy, sugar-free barbecue sauce that tastes delicious, this is it! Only 5 minutes prep time!
- 2 1/2 6-oz cans Tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Powdered Monk Fruit (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Liquid hickory smoke
- 2 tsp Paprika (smoked if you have it)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper (or more if you like it hot)
- 1 1/2 cup Water (approximate amount – see instructions)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a saucepan, adding the water last. Start with a cup of water, then whisk in a bit more at a time, until it reaches a consistency *slightly thinner* than barbecue sauce. I ended up using about 1 1/2 cups of water, but it will vary depending on how thick your tomato paste is.
- Bring to a gentle boil at medium-high heat, then reduce to medium-low. Simmer, stirring frequently, for 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Taste and adjust sweetener or cayenne pepper if you prefer the sauce to be sweeter or spicier. If it’s still thicker than you like, you can stir in additional water, a tablespoon at a time, until reaching desired consistency.