servings: prep time: 20 MINS cook time: 40 MINS total time: 1 HR
These cheesy Low Carb Taco Cups are the perfect low carb appetizer!
- 2 cup Packaged Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt + more to taste
- 8 teaspoons Sour Cream for garnish
- Pico de Gallo for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat place 1 Tablespoon piles of cheese 2 inches apart.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the edges of the cheese are brown.
- Let the cheese cool for 1 minute then lift it up and press it into the cup of a mini muffin tin pushing it down to form a cup.
- Let cheese cool completely then remove.
- While you continue to bake the cheese and create your cups place the ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat cooking until it is completely cooked through.
- Drain the grease from the meat and then add the spices and 1/4 c of water.
- Stir until combined and simmer for 5 minutes then add more salt to taste.
- Add meat to cheese cups and top with 1/4 teaspoon of sour cream each. You can also add fresh pico de gallo if you like.