- 24 mini sausage or whole sausage cut in half
- 6 slices bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
For The Blue Cheese Sauce:
- 5 ounces blue cheese (2 ounces for garnish)
- 1/2 cup 2% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon almond milk (or whatever milk you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
For the blue cheese sauce, melt 2 ounces of blue cheese in a small bowl, then combine with Greek yogurt and mix thoroughly. Add lemon juice, salt, milk, and chopped parsley, then incorporate fully. Crumble in 1 additional ounce of blue cheese for texture, and gently mix this into the sauce so the crumbles remain intact. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Start by slices of bacon into quarter-pieces, so you have 24 quarter-slices of bacon. Place a little sausage on top of the slice of bacon.
- Roll the little sausage up in the bacon so that there is a small amount of overlap and stick a toothpick into them.
- Set on a cookie sheet covered with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly, then serve.