Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe
This recipe is very flexible. Feel free to use your favorite mashed potato toppings and seasonings. Some love adding a big spoonful of cream cheese. Or how about chopped crispy bacon on top?
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- snipped chives
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and discard the core.
- Bring about 2 cups of water to a simmer in a pot, then add the cauliflower. Cover and turn the heat to medium. Cook the cauliflower for 12-15 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain and discard all of the water (the drier the cauliflower is, the better) and add the milk, butter, sour cream, salt and pepper and mash with a masher until it looks like “mashed potatoes.” Top with chives.