Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 10 mins
A quick and easy flavorful breakfast option that is full of healthy fats and great nutrition. Perfect for sustained energy and mental clarity, it encourages your body to burn fat for fuel instead of sugar. Low in carbohydrates and 100% plant based vegan
- 3 TBS Chia Seeds
- 2 TBS Golden Flax Seeds
- 1 TBS Sunflower Seeds
- 1-2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Milk – add more to suit your liking
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flakes – toasted
- 3-4 prunes – chopped
- 8 Almonds – toasted
- Golden Kiwi Fruit – or what ever fresh low GI fruit you have
Instructions To prepare the night before
- Add the chia seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds and cinnamon to a jar or bowl. Mix together and add the coconut milk. Stir well. Seal and leave in the fridge to swell overnight.
- Ideally you’ll want to swell the chia and flax seeds overnight, however it’s not 100% necessary. You can leave them to swell for about 15mins prior to serving.
Chia and Flax Seed Breakfast Bowl
- Remove the chia seed mixture from the fridge and stir well. If it’s a bit solid and you’d prefer it a bit looser – add a little extra coconut milk.
- In a small sauce pan, add the coconut shavings and almonds on a medium heat and lightly toast them.
- While the coconut it toasting, chop up the kiwi fruit and prunes.
- Add the chia seed mixture to a bowl, and place the kiwi fruit and prunes with the toasted coconut and almonds on the top.
- Serve and enjoy.
Use Organic where ever possible – Overnight setting in the fridge is required, however not 100% necessary – 15 mins ‘swell’ time is thus required from the chia seeds.