What is the best way to cook asparagus? With bacon…on a grill! This grilled bacon wrapped asparagus is an easy vegetable side dish for summer picnics. Only two ingredients needed and the asparagus cooks alongside your main dish!
Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes Total time. 30 minutes
- 12 asparagus spears
- 12 ounces bacon (12 slices)
- Wash clean and dry asparagus. Snap off the bottom inch or so of the asparagus. It will naturally break above the woody stem. Cut the remaining part of the asparagus spear into 3 pieces.
- Wrap each bundle (of 3 pieces) of asparagus with a slice of bacon.
- Heat grill to 350.
- Place bacon wrapped asparagus into center of grill for 2 minutes, continuously turning.
- Move bacon wrapped asparagus to the outer edges of the grill and continue to cook for 18 minutes with lid closed, for a total cook time of 20 minutes. During that time, turn and flip the asparagus every few minutes to keep the bacon from burning on any sides.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.