Ready to turn over a new burger? I guarantee no one will be missing the beef after tasting these vegetarian burgers. They’re moist, tender and full of flavor.
- Total Time Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
- Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 gluten free hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add burgers; cook until crisp and lightly browned, 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve on buns with lettuce.