These grain free and Paleo almond butter banana muffins will become a family favorite for breakfast and snacks! Made with almond flour and flaxseed, these are healthy, kid friendly and perfect for your favorite mix-ins.
- 3 eggs
- 2 overripe medium bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter unsweetened
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- generous pinch salt
- Mini dairy free soy free chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand) or chopped nuts – optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan with coconut oil or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs with the mashed bananas, almond butter, honey, and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, flax, baking soda and pinch of salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just combined, don’t over-mix. If adding chocolate chips, raisins or chopped nuts, gently stir in about 1/3 -1/2 cup.
- Spoon the batter evenly among the muffin cups/liners to fill about 3/4 of the way (I made 12), scraping the bowl to use it up. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until edges begin to brown and centers are just set.
- Cool in the muffin pan for about 2 minutes, then gently transfer to wire racks to fully cool. Enjoy!