These paleo blueberry muffins are grain free, gluten free, dairy free, and low carb! Each muffin is about 2 net carbs!
They are a healthy treat to enjoy! This recipe is great because it is naturally sweetened with raw honey. There is no refined sugar, which is in most muffins and muffin recipes. Refined sugar has been found to have negative health effects. It has been linked to depressing the immune system and increasing the risk of cancer. So, I make sure to always use natural raw honey as a sweeter instead of any refined sugar, such as white sugar.
-1/2 cup of Coconut Flour
-4 ½ tablespoons of Coconut Oil
-6 Organic Eggs
-4 tablespoons of milk (coconut milk works great) or water
-1/2 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
-1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
-1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder (aluminum free)
-1 teaspoon Cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
-2 tablespoons Raw Honey or Stevia (optional)
-1/2 cup of blueberries
- Combine all wet ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients.
- Add blueberries to the batter and stir well.
- Pour the batter into a muffin pan or baking cups. I like to line my muffin pan with these unbleached muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.