I was searching for a fun dessert for the summer. To my surprise this came up. Although its not “summerish,” I though I’d try it. After all do we really need an excuse to make cookie dough? It passed my criteria… easy and kid approved. Hope you enjoy it as much as did!
This peanut butter chocolate chip vegan cookie dough is a healthy, eggless, no bake vegan dessert to satisfy that sweet tooth!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
This easy Vegan Cookie Dough will satisfy your sweet tooth & is healthy too! Peanut butter & chocolate chip vegan cookie dough made in the blender in only 5 minutes. One of my favorite vegan desserts!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1/3 cup 60% cacao chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Place in a paper towel, dry off. If some of the skins start to come off peel them off and discard. (this will help the cookie dough not be as gritty)
- Add chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup and cinnamon to a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add the ground chia seeds to the food processor. (to grind chia seeds add them to a coffee bean grinder or a mortar and pestle) Blend until everything is combined.
- Add chickpea cookie dough mixture to a small bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately.
- *** Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. ***