This peach salsa pairs perfectly with this Cajun salmon for a delicious summery recipe. We recommend serving it over a salad or with grilled veggies and even some rice like a burrito bowl. The salsa will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days so you can enjoy the leftovers with some tortilla chips or cucumber slices.
Salmon is an excellent source of healthy fats, especially DHA and EPA, two types of Omega 3 fatty acids that are vital for brain health.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 TSP paprika
- 1/2 TSP garlic powder
- 1/2 TSP onion powder
- 1/2 TSP chili powder
- 1/4 TSP cayenne
- 1/4 TSP sea salt
- 1/4 TSP black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillet
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced
- 1 small to medium onion, finely diced
- 4 peaches, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 TSP salt, or to taste
- 1/4 TSP freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cayenne, 1/4 TSP sea salt and 1/4 TSP black pepper.
- Rub the salmon with the olive oil on all sides and place on the prepared baking sheet. Coat the top sides of the salmon with the spice mixture.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily.
- While the salmon cooks, in a medium bowl combine the salsa ingredients – the diced tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapenos, onion, peaches, cilantro, lime juice, sea salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Top with salsa and enjoy!