Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes Servings: 12 servings
This easy strawberry cobbler will be a staple in your kitchen this summer. It’s made gluten free and vegan and so customizable! With a luscious strawberry fruit filling and golden gluten free vegan biscuit topping, you really can’t go wrong with this summer dessert!
For the Strawberries:
- 6 cups strawberries (hulled and sliced)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (if your flour blend does not already contain it)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold vegan butter (diced)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Butter or grease an 8×8-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Mix together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, add strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Carefully stir until strawberries are completely covered.
- Add the strawberries to the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the gluten free flour, xanthan gum (if using), granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Then, with your hands, work in the vegan butter until the texture is like sand.
- Add in the almond milk mixture and stir until the dough is soft.
- Place big dollops of the dough on top of the strawberries.
- Bake at 400F for 35-40 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream or ice cream.