Turmeric has a lot of health benefits – including decreasing inflammation, easing joint discomfort, curbing indigestion and heartburn, boosting immunity, protecting the heart and brain, and lowering cholesterol levels.
- 2 cups milk (coconut milk, almond milk or cashew milk – turmeric is fat-soluble and absorbs into the body better with fats)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp raw honey (sweeten to taste)
- pinch ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree for about 10-15 seconds.
- Add to a stainless steel pot and warm turmeric latte on a low-medium heat until heated to your desired level of hotness (I like mine extra hot).
- Remove from heat and pour into mugs.
- Use an electric milk frother to get a latte consistency.
- Enjoy your homemade turmeric latte (golden milk).