Easy three bean salad recipe packed with Mediterranean flavours from fresh herbs, capers, and a zesty Dijon garlic vinaigrette. If you thought beans were boring, you just might change your mind! Be sure to check out the tips and watch my video for how to make this salad.
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 1 1/2 tbsp capers
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 10–15 fresh mint leaves, torn or gently chopped
- 10–15 fresh basil leaves, torn or gently chopped
Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beans, chopped peppers, onions, capers and fresh herbs. Mix using a wooden spoon.
- In a small bowl, add the vinaigrette ingredients. Whisk vigorously to combine.
- Add the vinaigrette to the salad bowl. Toss to coat.
- For best results, cover and refrigerate for a bit before serving so that beans soak up the vinaigrette flavors. Give the salad another quick toss before serving.