This chocolate peanut butter nice cream tastes like eating a frozen peanut butter cup!
Total Time 5 minutes Yield 2 – 4 servings
- 4 frozen overripe bananas (for banana-free, try this Almond Milk Ice Cream instead)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, or allergy-friendly sub
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- optional 1 tbsp dutch cocoa or chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Make sure the bananas are at least partially brown before chopping and freezing them. Combine all ingredients in a blender, food processor, or Vitamix. Process until completely smooth, adding a little milk of choice if your blender isn’t strong enough to handle the frozen banana. (If you’re not using a high-speed blender like a Vitamix and don’t want to add any liquid, simply thaw the bananas a bit before blending.) Either serve immediately as soft serve, or freeze for up to an hour before scooping out with an ice cream scoop for the classic ice-cream look. This tastes best the day it is made, but you can technically freeze leftovers for up to a few weeks and thaw before serving.