This honey garlic shrimp is one of the most popular recipes on this website because it’s not only lip-smacking delicious, it’s a very quick and easy dinner recipe. Ready in 20 minutes, this healthy dinner will join your regular dinner rotation. Serve with brown rice and vegetables, grill on skewers, or serve over salad.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or tamari sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb medium cooked shrimp
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- chopped green onion for garnish
- Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger together in a medium bowl.
- Place thawed shrimp in a large zipped-top bag or Tupperware. Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, give it all a shake or stir, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 8-12 hours. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for step 3. (Time-saving tip: while the shrimp is marinating, I steamed broccoli and microwaved some quick brown rice.)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in the skillet. (Discard used marinade.) Pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce and a garnish of green onion. The sauce is excellent on brown rice and steamed veggies on the side.
- Shrimp: You can remove the tail or leave it on. Whatever’s easiest! Thaw before marinading and cooking. If using frozen cooked shrimp, thaw, marinate, and cook as directed. You’ll really just be heating the shrimp up in the sauce.